<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11.23.2004

there was an emergency this morning, this is how events transpired:

(Erik and I talking about starting our papers)

DPMO11 (2:12:35 AM): alright, gonna try to hack this out quickly (yea, right!)
mpc t e (2:12:43 AM): ha
mpc t e (2:12:48 AM): im gonna try that too
mpc t e (2:19:24 AM): i think im gonna take a nap
mpc t e (2:19:26 AM): im pretty tired
DPMO11 (2:24:14 AM): yeah, just don't forget it's due at 9am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto response from mpc t e (2:24:14 AM): hopefully this little nap doesn't get out of control.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HaPiFeEt18 (3:30:48 AM): my naps always turn into multi hour extravaganzas
HaPiFeEt18 signed off at 3:38:40 AM.
HaPiFeEt18 signed on at 3:52:39 AM.
HaPiFeEt18 signed off at 4:05:13 AM.
HaPiFeEt18 signed on at 7:44:59 AM.
mpc t e (7:51:35 AM): yeah, i fucked myself over
mpc t e (7:51:39 AM): an hour turned into 6
mpc t e (7:51:45 AM): and i have a 3 page paper due at 9
HaPiFeEt18 (7:51:47 AM): omg maatt
HaPiFeEt18 (7:51:51 AM): i almost wanted to call you
HaPiFeEt18 (7:51:55 AM): cuz i know how that story goes

so between 7:51 and 8:45, i wrote a three page paper on Yann Arthus-Bertrand, got dressed, and printed it. i should never even bother attempting to write at night anymore, especially after working 9-9 during the day. the paper was ok, definitely good enough for a photo class.

i came across a good, comprehensive list of steven wright quotes. perhaps the best i've ever seen.
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~udani/humor/stevenwright.html

here are some personal highlights:

I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have the world's largest collection of seashells. I keep it on all the beaches of the world... Perhaps you've seen it.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one... It wasn't doing what I was doing.

Four years ago... No, it was yesterday. Today I... No, that wasn't me. Sometimes I... No, I don't.

They say we're 98% water. We're that close to drowning... (Picks up his glass of water from the stool...) I like to live on the edge...

The other day, I was walking my dog around my building... on the ledge. Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

I like to pick up hitchhikers. When they get in the car I say, "Put on your seat belt. I want to try something. I saw it once in a cartoon, but I think I can do it."


today is about to get real ridiculous...

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/11/con04485.html

Comments: Post a Comment